Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Day After The GPF!


October 14, 2008

Dear Buddies in Faith:

We have just concluded our Minami Kyushu GPF. Congratulations to all of us! At least we have done something that we could consider as our offering to Heavenly Father. May God be happy for the joint efforts of Miyazaki and Kagoshima’s International Families to whatsoever we had contributed in the mobilization. Let it be that our efforts and hard works need not to expect recognition from anyone.

I’m very sure that all of us have our own story or reflection and a sort of realization after the event. I would like to suggest that you should write down those thoughts of yours and to share them to others, it would be a great souvenir or a record of our history that might serve as inspiration to our next generation. And to begin with, please take a look of what was in my heart before and during and after the event.

Last Month of August, only I don’t remember the exact date but it was on the middle of the month, I got a phone call from Lalaine telling me that she was informed by Kagoshima that the Filipino-Japanese Community in Japan are mobilizing all international couples throughout Japan to help the Japan church in the mobilization for the main GPF in Tokyo on November 15, 2008. Prior to Lalaine’s phone call I am already aware of the ongoing activities of the FJMGP in Tokyo and to the nearby prefectures since all information about this group were all posted into several e-group list at yahoo. So I told to Lalaine to survey first all possible core members in order to organize it and then I can help her to facilitate the plan project for Miyazaki. My reply was like that because I knew that this project was initiated by the Filipino-Japanese International Couples in Tokyo. I almost have the background how and when it was formed until it was registered to the Philippines embassy. My enough knowledge to this group helps me to grasp quickly the points that what Lalaine is trying to convey on the first time of our conversation. She made many phone calls to all members here in Miyazaki to feel the vibration of everyone’s heart. She honestly told me that members were lukewarm considering individual situation. Needless to say economically we’re incapable to hold such event because it requires time efforts and to finance is the most basic that we need to consider. Lalaine was really high spirited and she keeps on calling me, telling me that who else can move here, who we are here without doing nothing for a greater purpose, can we afford just to sit down and just watching others working for this one purpose. She is crying for support that by all means we shouldn’t miss the opportunity. I was really overwhelmed by her burning desire to have a mini GPF here. I decided to take the first move to assured her that we can do it and I shared with her my thoughts on how to start and to plan for the possible event. Naturally, we were confronted of many objections and distractions from the other side force. But I told her if we will be united God will support and will guide us because we are only His arms and leg. Later, she coordinated to Kagoshima all the things we’ve been discussing until we decided to merge with Kagoshima. So very long to narrate all the details but to tell this story is just like I’m reporting to Heavenly Father. Please bear with me to go on writing this way.

Lalaine set the date of our first meeting on August 7, 2008. I made a written invitation letter for all International members here in Miyazaki. Since the date fall on Sunday, we’re quite unsure if the church could be available to use. So Lalaine took a step to rent a community hall to accommodate our numbered families having big number of second generation. But before the meeting come some members are complaining why not in the church as the cause is somehow connected to church. Then we explain to them that since the church doesn’t give their reaction to our plans it is uneasy to talk things there. My feeling was that we’re not welcome. The members of Kobayashi City became suspicious and they sent my invitation letter to their local church in Miyakonojo for verification of its legitimacy. I was then checked by the head office in Miyazaki for this letter. Though I able to make confirmation of the truthfulness of the objective of the meeting they became very cold because of their objection about the name used for the group is FJMGP, Filipino Japanese Movement for Global Peace and not Miyazaki International Blessed Families Association. I actually understand their sentiment and they have a valid reason to react for what they feel. I can’t explain to them because they don’t ask me directly just hearing to someone else is sounds risky because this may be treated as hearsay or rumor. I just put everything that way because during the meeting it was discussed and was explained by our main coordinator to all of us. But what wondered me is why they don’t ask what they don’t understand during the meeting and try to resolve their question on the meeting not after the meeting. If the name of the group is the big issue I think we can adapt a new version that would fits to everyone’s taste because we can do here what we want to do since we run our activity by ourselves and not being controlled by FJMGP Tokyo. I just kept silent because we’re running out of time and the target date was so closed. How I wish to hear this issue directly to the main concern person so that I can be of help in telling them that we can meet in the bottom line. Well in fact we’re promoting unity and peace that only begins within ourselves. Aju or no Ju?

I really admire Lalaine’s heart. She did a great job, for sure she had made a big progress speaking of spiritual growth. She almost lost her voice due to an over talk over the phone. Talking an hour for so many people is not an easy task in almost every day. Her routine goes on this way. She tells me many things and almost countless times we were talking on the phone that I have to use my ear phone for my mobile phone. I actually suffer for an ear ache because of frequent telephone conversation. But the most effective way in a successful planning is only a constant communication. Well, I don’t build up lalaine’s figure here. I am just somewhat can’t manage to control my emotion to express how she poured out her time and love in coordinating every single things to all us who were directly involve in the preparation. Of course all of us did a big thing and no one could claim how big or little portion of contributions we had shared. I could only say, all of you is a big part of what we can say a success of the event. May God could acknowledge your contribution. It is my hope that may you feel how happy was God to what you have been contributed. No one among us here in the position to appreciate and praise our efforts because we were being brought up in the movement not to expect in return for what we had given. This is only our individual feelings or conscience would tell us how deeply we are connected to the main stream of the providence for this nation.

I would like to give my personal acknowledgement to the big presence of our elder sister Connie Hidaka during the mobilization. For sure she may not agree and wouldn’t like to be appreciated for what she had contributed. As I mentioned on the above that we’re not on the position to say anything on others efforts, but please allow me to tell you how Connie worked with us hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder and heart to heart. She is the most wonderful person I ever known in Miyakonojo. Indeed, no words can described the personality by heart about Connie. Her participation and the growth of her heart beyond to my imagination coz she acted as a true mother who cares for her young ones. Behind everything she did so many great things and sacrifices that God only knows. I love you Connie from the bottom of my heart. And of course I wish that Emmanuel can able to grasp what you are doing during this time because he may not completely understand you. Please take care…of him.

I am afraid that maybe I could miss many people names who contributed great things on the recent event. So in advance I’m asking for an apology. If ever I would miss even a single one I could not forgive myself.

Here in Miyazaki we have four Filipino-Japanese Blessed Couples, two Japanese-Filipina Blessed couples, one Japanese-Malaysian Blessed Couple, One Japanese-Thailand Blessed Couple, three Japanese-Korean Blessed Couples. These are the blessed families here in Miyazaki center where are supposedly be in the front line for this event, plus a number of African-Japanese blessed couples in Kobayashi City and Miyakonojo City. So actually it’s more than big enough to hold this GPF here alone in this prefecture. But due to the late information from Tokyo and lack of preparation to accept any direction from the sources, we were not able to make it more pleasing in the eyes of God. There were many hassles behind the scenes. I could imagine how we had been able to stand and survive. I am really thankful to the support of everyone who made sacrifices in order that this event comes into reality. Please allow me to tell some stories. This is not to praise those who work tirelessly and not to condemn the onlookers. It is my sincere hope that through this narration we can see and evaluate ourselves if we deserve to complain for any troubles and lack of expertise of those who lead in holding the event. It may be an eye opener to those who are more capable to do so but does not move so far.

Going back to our first ever meeting between Miyazaki and Kagoshima, last August 2008, I would like to thanks all of them who went down here to participate on the meeting. I realized that we should be practical and be wise because on that time we were not able to discuss the details due to short time to talk for a longer time. Unpreparedness for what is to prioritize to talk about and the lack of patience to understand the given problem issues were the main hindrance to finish the meeting with great result.

It is but normal to have an argument, if we don’t meet to a certain point but the majority voting is much possible good step to settle down the issue. To participate in the discussion is the best way to resolve the problem. But to my observation, many know how to complain only without offering the solution. I think we cannot go on that way. If you are against to a certain resolution at least you should have the solution to offer. But to complain only is not profitable and not helpful in the group.

My dearest families in faith, I’m sorry to all you that many of you are not satisfied to the result of the event. Many of you have a lot of complaint about the preparation. But I can’t find anymore time to explain and give reasons at this time. I would like to suggest that next time we need to volunteer your selves to do the job.

I would like to share with you the deepest heart of our guest speaker when we met him during his arrival at the airport. He is really a great person not because he is a good looking man. But to what is in his heart and mind makes him more a great person who followed Hyun Jin Nim directions. On his arrival, I asked him if we can take him to a shop for his breakfast. He left his home at 4:50 am to catch the train going to airport so I presumed that he don’t have yet breakfast. I was a bit surprised because we went to the third floor of the airport because there are good restaurant there. Of course, the outside appearance of the restaurant is somewhat an expensive restaurant. So he told me, Dell we don’t need an expensive one. But my wife responded, no problem so he can not resist anymore. That is one point make me impressed. As we walk along until to the escalator he keeps on asking me why the Miyazaki is a bit afraid about to what he is going to present in his power point. So I told him to please understand the situation with our guest. This is a small province and almost we know who were on the other side and what we are they doing. I explain to him that what make us worry is if we can not follow the direction of Tokyo head quarter to us in inviting our guest. I told him that the direction was that the GPF has no connection with the unification movement. And therefore, we cannot mention about church and about True families excluding Hyun Jin Nim. On this point he almost burst in telling me that the head quarter is not really able to grasp what Hyun Jin Nim wants to happen here in Japan. Other countries are doing well but here in Japan is still on the process despite the fact that the Japanese leadership is receiving a direct education from them. He gave me almost like a lecture that we cannot almost eat. He talked to me many things to assure me that we should not have to worry. Finally, he said that he will just drop a bomb to Miyazaki.

We took him to the chuo church at first to meet our church leaders and as a courtesy visit. We met there Kawano Kun and Kawano San and Yanagimoto San. I really don’t like the culture of Japan in receiving guest. No one offers a sit for him, so I offer a seat for to Mr. Kobayashi. But Kawano Kun said why not at the office of the leader. So we went there but beyond to my expectation Yanagimoto San told us that not to use the office of the leader because he was not there, instead we can go to the dinning room. No one can say why we can’t use the office even without the leader since the guest is also not ordinary guest. Oh, my… I can’t understand the people mentality in this church. I actually have the plan to take him earlier in the venue and I could allow him to meet some other members and besides to let him set his pc for his power point. But in the venue itself so many hassles too when I arrive. The original plan was unable to do because some other person has their own desire to what to do for the preparation. We cannot rehearse because the people who will do the rehearsal do not come yet. I was being bombarded by front and back complaint. So I remember how terrible is to be in the place to absorb all kinds of trouble. No one can initiate to give their volunteer heart. I can say I grew on this day a lot. Thanks to all of you who help me make this long enough narrative realization.

But before I close, I wish to convey the last words of Mr. Kobayashi to all of you. Now we have lit the torch and we need to keep this lit on always. We have started and we need to continue. International Couples is really the big hope of Japan in order to save this nation. We should think more deeply and plans ahead what is next to do. He suggested to sends Connie to Tokyo to attend for Seminar there. We need someone who will represent Kyushu to get all strategy on how to educate our invited contacts here. We need to sacrifice for this cause and to have priority above anything else. He thinks Connie can do the job because she can speak bilingual. And Connie has the guts in working to anybody else. He added that our next step is thinking not to miss this opportunity. He strongly advice me to send his message to all Filipinos, Japanese, Malaysia, Thailand, African and even to Korean members. Our numbers is already good enough for we can do more great things for this country. He asked me to report every step we do so he can advice us and he can connect our activity directly to the head quarter. He knows that we cannot depend to our local church because of their focus on raising funds. And he told me to start looking some kind of activity like services in the community and be sure only to report it to the city hall and explain to them that we do this activity in order to establish a good connection between community and the government. He also emphasize that if we need help on educational material is more than willing to help us. Just let him knew only and he will work it out. To the plan of sending Connie to Tokyo, it is must that we need to have a contribution. The cheapest fare is approximately \35,000, round trip if it will be bought a month ahead. Plus accommodation and food allowance will be raised to \50,000 and if she needs to buy some materials from there I think she need an extra amount so the total might be approximately \60,000. This amount is already big but if we will divide to each family say: in

Miyazaki Families;
1. Dell and family ¥3,333
2. Ernie and family¥3,333
3. Dino and family ¥3,333
4. Lalaine and family¥3,333
5. Addie and family¥3,333
6. Gek Ling and family ¥3,333
7. Chachada and family ¥3,333
8. Korean-Japanese family¥3,333
9. Korean-Japanese family ¥3,333
10.Korean-Japanese family ¥3,333

Kobayashi families

11. Maurice and family ¥3,333
12. Nthala and family \¥3,333
13. I don’t know the name \¥3,333

Miyakonojo family

14. Connie and family \¥3,333

Kagoshima families

15. Janet Arima \¥3,333
16. Rose Ninomiya \¥3,333
17. Lenlen Iwasa \¥
3,333
18. Willy Medoza \¥3,333

Total \ 59,994

I made a pretty long talks here, thanks to all of you once again.

Please send me your reaction regarding to the appeal I brought up here.

Sincerely yours,

Dell

No comments: